Location: Norfolk, VA
Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
Instant Systems Inc is committed to providing unparalleled support to the medical research, tissue bank, and regenerative medicine industries with innovative, quality packaging systems. We are currently seeking a Packaging Engineer in the support of this mission.
You will be a packaging developer in support of innovation, cost savings, and base business continuity projects. This will include responsibility for managing the design, development, and engineering process for the creation of new packaging systems.
Working directly with Research and Development, Engineering, and Management, your assignments would be the following:
• Work with R&D in package development projects to meet customer specification and objectives.
• Work with Regulatory Affairs and Engineering in the testing and evaluation of packaging to ensure compliance
• Work with Engineering to translate R&D models into full production products
• Collaborate with internal departments to implement procedures for qualifying new package designs
• Maintain design master files and supporting documentation
• Develop processes for streamlining and improving production
• Understands quality systems, document management systems, and change control systems
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, with preference to Packaging Engineering
• 2+ years of packaging related experience, previous experience with high performance films preferred
• Functional knowledge of packaging materials, converting technology, and packaging operations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate through past experience an attention to detail while performing complex tasks under tight deadlines
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Team oriented and goal oriented with the ability to self direct and self motivate
BACK TO OPEN POSITIONS
ABOUT INSTANT SYSTEMS
Specializing in application specific packaging designs for cryopreservation, cellular therapy, bioprocessing, medical and industrial use, Instant Systems is the leader in custom, high-performance, film-based containers and bags.
INSTANT SYSTEMS, INC
965 Denison Ave
Norfolk, VA 23513